Healing Our Relationships with Our Mothers

Dear Ones,

Over the past few weeks, I have noticed in my own experience that many friends and family members are experiencing challenges in their relationships between mother and daughter. For some new mothers, they have come to realise when they have their own children, they experience challenges with their children because they need to heal their relationship with their mother. Once this relationship is healed, their relationship with their own daughters or sons can be healed. For others who may not be mothers, they could experience challenges in their family relationships or with their partners if their relationship with their mother is not healed. 

Life gives us so many opportunities to heal. If we can view every challenge that we encounter as an opportunity to heal then we will move through many challenges much more smoothly. Many of us have not realised how much pain we have been carrying in our hearts until life presents us with an opportunity to heal.

The following is a message from Mother Mary to Mothers and Daughters on Healing Mother-Daughter Relationships:

'Dear my most beloved ones,
Dear my most beloved daughters and mothers,
For you are all my beloved daughters. I am mother to you all. I offer you my Mother's Love at this time for all that has not been healed in your relationships with your own mothers in this lifetime.

A mother-daughter relationship is a very special one. When a mother holds her daughter in her arms for the first time, there is a very sacred connection and bond that is formed. A mother may see herself reflected in her daughter's eyes. There may be many dreams and hopes that a mother has for her daughter. Sometimes these are dreams and hopes that she has had for herself that were unfulfilled, that she hopes her daughter will fulfil.

Many mothers see their daughters as extensions of themselves and often this may lead to confusion for the daughter. On the one hand, she looks up to her mother for nurturing and nourishment but on the other hand her mother may have many expectations, roles and obligations for her beloved daughter.

In order to truly heal this relationship, the daughter needs to see her mother through compassionate eyes, that everything her mother was doing was the best she could according to her own level of consciousness. For every daughter, who is now a mother herself, to appreciate all the love and sacrifice that every mother makes to bring new life into this world.

I will now lead you in a Forgiveness Practice, please say from your heart:

Body Power: 
Please sit up straight, close your eyes, place one hand on your heart and the other on your lower abdomen.

Soul Power:
'Dear my beloved mother (or daughter),
I love you, honour you and appreciate you.
I forgive you unconditionally for any thoughts, words or actions that have caused me pain. I forgive you for all the times that I may have had greater expectations of your love that were not fulfilled. 

I see you through compassionate eyes and I forgive you. I forgive you. I forgive you.

Please forgive me for any pain that I caused you through my thoughts, words or actions. I sincerely apologise. 

Please forgive me. Please forgive me. Please forgive me.

Mind Power: Visualise your mother (or daughter) in front of you in golden light.

Sound Power: Let us chant together 10-15 minutes (the longer the better):

Divine Forgiveness
Divine Forgiveness
Divine Forgiveness
Divine Forgiveness

Close the practice with Hao! Hao! Hao! (Hao means all is well or get well in Chinese).
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!'

Thank you Beloved Mother Mary for your incredible love and compassion for us all. This practice can also be adapted for the relationship between mother and son as appropriate.

Please share your experiences with this practice. 

With greatest love

Master Lenore


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings: The Joy of Letting Go...

When You Believe in Yourself

Bringing Love and Forgiveness to a Relationship Challenge